Unusually for someone who plied his people management wares in a big multinational, I’m pretty much a jack-of-all-trades when it comes to HR – and I’ve also been lucky enough to work on HR issues in large, medium and very small organisations. I can turn my hand to most aspects of people management – but know enough to recognise the limits of my expertise!
Key areas in which I can help (and have extensive practical experience) are:
- People management audits and process reviews
- Developing coherent and cohesive HR policies, processes and procedures
- Job design and job evaluation – including a very simple web-based system for small organisations
- Performance management systems and training and development frameworks and plans
- Salary structures and grading systems